That's me... but I'm not her.

Today I got my nails done. Shellacked, actually. (I have no idea how to actually spell that or if it's really a word). I had rainbow tipped nails but now their just white... like a french manicure. I love them.

I have always chewed my nails. It's a habit I have not been able to break. But shellacking my nails has worked miracles. I haven't bitten my nails in months. Breaking habits is freakin' hard. I read somewhere that you shouldn't focus so much on breaking a habit, but more on the behavior you're replacing it with.  Just a thought. More for me than you.

How long does it take to create a habit? 30 days? I have some positive habits I would like to incorporate into my daily life. Mostly into my personal morning routine. What is your morning routine like? Do you wake up when the kids do? Before them? If you don't have kids, do you wake up at the same time every morning?

When do you find time for you? To think about you? To get to know you better? What do you do for fun? What do you do what you don't have to do anything?

I'm having a slight identity crisis. Slight. Who am I if I'm not "mom"? If I'm not "wife"? I'm definitely not the same woman I was in college, before I was married. I have learned so much. Grown so much. So who am I now?


back in 2003/2004

That's me.
But I'm not her.

one marriage, 4 kids later...

I like me.  But I want to get to know me better.


How do you get to know you? 

No comments