Marsing Family, Winter Family Photos



I adore this family. I've been taking pictures of these kiddos for about 7 years now! We've done train tracks, gardens, and canyon parks (to name a few places) so this time we tried something different! SNOW! I guess it was meant to be because that morning we got a LOT of snow! 

I was well dressed for the job with leggings under my jeans, and a long sleeve shirt under a sweatshirt under a snowboarding jacket!

It was an adventurous family photo shoot and a time the kids will probably never forget. Honestly, the kids did great! There were lots of laughs and even with as many times as mom and dad told the boys not to throw snow they just couldn't help themselves! (And who could blame them!? The snow was so fresh!)

Amber chose plaid patterns with blue, pink and cream colors. We were going for a casual feel, and brought along a few quilts to keep warm in. We spent about 45 minutes in the cold, which was just long enough! I need to remember to really plan out my shots when in the snow to make the best use of everyone’s time. Over all I think it was time well spent, but next time I’ll be even more efficient.

I used a Canon 5D MarkII with a 50 1.4 and a Mark III with a 24-100 so I wouldn’t have to switch lenses. For the family shots I liked the 24-100 best and for the individuals I preferred the 50. (I sure love that 50).

I think it’s a great idea to have family photos done in each of the seasons – especially when you live in a place like Utah that has such beautiful, changing seasons! Then, once you’ve done all the seasons, let’s go to Hawai’i and do pictures there! Mmkay?









No comments