Let's Get Real


This is me on a good day. A really good day (aaaand a little bit of photoshop). Meaning I miraculously got enough sleep (though there is only so much I can do about the circles under my eyes - but its me) and woke up before the boys and got a shower in before chaos ensued. My hair is washed and styled. My favorite long-sleeve tee is clean and my makeup cooperated. I needed new head shots for my photography business and after setting up the lighting I wanted to and the 
camera settings, I let my 10 year old have at it. I actually got a few I like. It's a day of miracles, people!


 I don't know about you, but it's hard being in front of the camera! Smile, how? Look where? Do what with my chin? Gosh dang it just make me look thin. 
We want to represent our best selves in photos, especially when everyone and their dog, literally, might see it thanks to social media! 
A good photographer can make a big difference, but in the end, it really comes down to being okay with yourself. I'll be the first to admit, sometimes that's a hard pill to swallow! No one else's view of you is more skewed than your own. No one is more critical of yourself than you. (Nope, not even your mother-in-law). 
I know this sounds totally lame, but this was actually a hard things for me, and I've been avoiding it for years. But, I did it. So can you. We can do hard things and call them hard things . Whether that's getting your picture taken or applying for that job, or go after that dream... whatever! You are amazing. You can do it.

No comments